What is Counseling?
Therapist and client collaborate to develop individualized treatment plans to help resolve issues such as:
- In collaboration with the client, therapist and client develop and design personal and spiritual treatment plans
- Individualized goal setting enables clients to achieve a decrease in symptoms and more effective life functioning overall
- At the client’s request, counseling may include addressing spiritual issues with which they may be struggling and/or that provide another resource on which they can draw strength, to live and function to the fullest.
Below is a list of our Counseling services
Unexpected stresses can cause debilitating anxiety and infringe on normal life functioning. Our licensed therapists recognize the impact of these conditions and develop a personalized treatment plan to empower our clients in establishing and maintaining healthy life patterns and coping skills.
Conflicts can arise from:
- A traumatic event
- Devastating loss of a relationship
- Mental health issues
- Financial struggles
- Participants learn to examine their own behavior for dysfunction
- Practice optimum conflict resolution skills
- Defuse and adopt unresponsive behavior to anger
All couples and families experience conflict. Avoiding issues causes deep dissatisfaction, risk looking elsewhere to meet needs, or create bitter resentment. This can cause repeated wounds that will either make the relationship grow cold or escalate to very unproductive levels of conflict such as domestic violence.
Innovative Alternatives, Inc. proactively combats attacks on family by:
- Promoting healthy family functioning
- Preserving and restore family relationships
- Building and Repair healthy marriages
- Promoting positive, effective communication
- Resolving conflict
- Improving Parenting Skills
- Couples and family therapy
- Family Reconciliation Mediation
- Family Intervention Mediation (Low Level Domestic Violence, Substance Abuse Intervention, etc.)
- Divorce & Custody Mediation
- Mediation to Establish Parenting Guidelines
- Group therapy on topics such as divorce recovery
A crime may last only a few moments, but its impact may be felt for a lifetime Victims of crime feel hopelessness, fear, and loss of control. Managing these symptoms and rebuilding your life can be difficult and costly.
We offer counseling services to assist in recovering from profound traumatic experience. The Victim Assistance Program provides 8 FREE individual therapy sessions and up to 18 hours of FREE workshops and/or group therapy sessions to any crime victim, family member, or eye witness who is experiencing trauma reactions to a crime. If you and/or a family member has suffered any crime and are ready to deal with the impact on your lives, you are eligible for services under the Victim Assistance Program.